Monday 28 December 2015

Smiles With Hidden Tales





Self Worth

The dictionary defines self-worth as “the sense of one's own value or worth as a person.

Google.... search results for "self worth":
  1. "In sociology and psychology, self-esteem reflects a person's overall emotional evaluation of his or her own worth. It is a judgment of oneself as well as an attitude toward the selfSelf-esteem encompasses beliefs (for example, "I am competent," "I am worthy") and emotions such as triumph, despair, pride and shame."
Mhmm.. I think to myself...

SO MUCH depth is in this definition and I will try and unpack it linking it to the growth I've experienced through experiences; since I last blogged.in June (hides)
Firstly, let me just add how important the value of one's attitude is towards themselves...you see myself for one, see so much significance in reminding myself of how great I am, honey even if you don't believe it: constantly wake up & face your imperfectly perfect mirror image as you shower your flaws with compliments and reminding yourself of your greatness in the skin and body that you're in...
One more thing I do is to treasure memories through images, as a result when ever I feel down I would go back to these as a reminder of the love that I am surrounded with and the fact that there is so much more in life than what I currently go through. (Now you know the real reason why I have so many images..lol there is actually more I have that are personal and I keep to myself for just reminders) What I do at times is takes pictures even during the most stressful time of my life and being able to look back at them when I am smiling again is such a beautiful feeling!
In all honesty, we all do feel lonely sometimes, therefore having reminders of your self-worth and that there are people out there to talk to becomes so important, especially in a world where you could be surrounded with the irony of being alone while there are so many people around you.

Personally; I believe in sharing my stories as a way not to only inspire but to let you know that you are not alone.
If anything that I grasped this year is that moments are temporary and you are responsible to select how you learn from them and which ones do you keep as treasured memories. Look: you WILL face disappointment even from your own family and the people you love, you WILL also fail, be saddened, be hurt, have happiness...BUT remember that YOU are responsible for these moments; you determine how long they last...so if you are going through the worse tribulation: it is HARD but it does get better especially when you talk things through and also remembering that the situation will never determine your worth; so PICK yourself up.

With happiness; It's easy...REALLY it is, the best advice this year that I received is: CONSTANTLY DO WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY! and if there is toxic things standing in your way from attaining happiness-REMOVE!
Truth is: we all want to be happy and we will all strive to do what makes us happy(this can be at an expense of someone's happiness:make sure that is NOT you)

Recovering: CRY honey! throw yourself on the bathroom floor if need be, vent if you want to and let all the emotions out...if someone is doing you wrong: keeping it to yourself will only pain you harder...REALEASING HELPS! (like I said I am stating this from experience). However, like I always say; when you stand up from that floor; make sure that those tears are drained and that you never cry about the same thing again...remind yourself that the situation does not determine your worth and that you are a bad ass recovering warrior that will get through whatever it is STRONGER!.
Personally; I surround myself with reminders for instance I had my wallpaper to the image below:

Lastly...


PRAY.



Ps: There are smiles with hidden tales around you...always and forever be kind.
All in the name of #RadicalSelfLove



1 comment:

  1. awesome read. I love how self aware you are of yourself, your thoughts and feelings about you. i might try the taking pics when stressed thing.

    Mvumikazi ~ Urban Mnguni ~

    ReplyDelete